Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sinistar Update and I, Robot

I got the Sinistar cabinet last weekend for a good price, as the power supply to this one is bad. I will most likely be getting one this week, so I'll update you more on that when I get it.

Anyways, I would like to talk about a much more rare game than Sinistar. The game I am talking about is called "I, Robot" and it has nothing to do with the film that came out a few years ago. This arcade game was revolutionary at the time it came out, because it was one of the first with full 3D graphics. Here is some footage of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvWxG2zvs8

I remember playing this game when I was young, but I didn't truly appreciate it, and I don't think many did. It was way too ahead of it's time, and wasn't in my local arcade for very long because of it. I read that there are only 750-1500 cabinets made, so it will be a hard find, but perhaps someday I will find one!

Again, if you have any questions about arcades or need help fixing them, I'd be glad to share any advice I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment