Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finally got that weird black cabinet open...

I ended up removing the lock, and actually I was able to keep the back panel in fair condition. What I found inside was actually really weird, I've never seen anything like this.

Before I begin, let me say that the man I bought this from said he bought these games from an auction out west somewhere. I believe he said Oregon or Washington, I know it was a state in that area though. He told me he had never gotten it open, and it just sat for years. This was one of the reasons I bought it; you honestly never know what you might find, as I found that old Zaxxon instruction manual in perfect condition a while back.

Well, when I opened this one up, it seemed that whatever game had been inside had been stripped out completely. Nothing was in there, and that was rather disappointing, but it's about what I expected. What I didn't expect to find, however, was an old video tape. It looks a bit dirty, but I think it's playable. Only problem is....I no longer have a VHS player so I have no idea what is on it.

I will most likely get ahold of one in the next few days, and I'll see if I can somehow post the video on my blog, if it's even related to an arcade game. I am not sure how to convert a VHS to online, but I am sure it isn't incredibly difficult.



No comments:

Post a Comment