Saturday, May 19, 2012

I, Robot and other rare cabinets!

So I may have found a treasure chest of arcades! I have been posting want lists on various sites, and I got a response from a former collector who said he has an entire barn full of old arcade games!

I don't know how exactly he got his, but let me explain a bit what happened after arcades started to close in the mid 80's. A lot of arcades sold their games in lots to places, and a lot of games ended up sitting in warehouses collecting dust. I can only assume that something like this happened with this collector, because he said he has over 30 different rare cabinets! Some of them he hasn't even looked at or tested, so this should be very interesting!

In his message he did say he had an I, Robot machine, and I am going to go meet with him tomorrow (Sunday) so I will post a response as soon as I get back from that. I am very excited about this, it is always entertaining to look at old arcade machines like this, you never know what you might find.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment